TERMS & CONDITIONS
As a participant of the Youth Mentor Conference you agree to the following:
1. Agreement These terms and conditions form the agreement between Shine From Within (“us” “our” “we”) and Participants (“you” or “your”). This agreement commences when you register for the Youth Mentor Conference and continues until termination is made in accordance with these terms. We may update these terms and conditions at any time.
2. Participation Requirements You agree to participate in the Youth Mentor Conference in good faith and in a way so as to not bring disrepute or cause other damage or harm to Shine From Within or any other participants and facilitators as part of this community. You agree that you will engage with all participants, facilitators and guests in a respectful manner and agree to the detailed community guidelines provided below. You agree that if you are in breach of this or participating in any way that could bring harm to another person, that they may be removed from individual sessions and/or the rest of the conference.
3. Intellectual Property Shine From Within and the individual facilitators retain the right to all intellectual property (whether registered or not) that is created by us and you agree not to disclose, sell, share or deal with our materials in any way other than for your strict private use. You agree that you will not download, screenshot or make a recording of the materials other than when directed to do so (for example when a facilitator says, “take a picture of this slide to remember these steps.”)
4. Registration This is a one-time virtual event. There are no refunds provided except where necessary by law. Your registration includes Zoom links for you to be able to join every live class, and a dashboard with replays of the sessions for you to access for a period of 2 months.
5. Waiver. You acknowledge that Shine From Within and associates, including the individual session facilitators, are sharing a range of information, facts, research and opinions with the participants that is not intended to be taken as personal medical advice or personalised business advice. You release, discharge and/or otherwise indemnify and hold harmless Shine From Within, its affiliated organisations and sponsors, volunteers, their contractors and associated personnel, including the class facilitators from all liability for any loss, damage, cost or expense suffered by the student as a consequence of their participation in an online class, including in the unlikely event of death or personal injury. Shine From Within assumes no responsibility or liability for any consequence resulting directly or indirectly from any action or inaction you take based on the information found on or material linked to on this site or in our programs, sessions or events.
6. Termination This agreement will terminate automatically at the end of the conference and replay period. We reserve the right to terminate this agreement without notice if you fail to pay any amounts owing. We reserve the right to terminate this agreement if a breach of the terms or community guidelines occurs. We also reserve the right to terminate this agreement in the unfortunate event that we become unable to provide the services requested, in which case a refund will be provided to you.
In order to ensure this space remains safe, supportive and enriching for ALL participants – we have created the below guidelines and ground rules.
1. We try not to use gendered language in the group that is non-inclusive to all people. Therefore we try not to say “Hi ladies/women/girls/guys” but rather choose gender-neutral language in all contexts such as “Hi everyone/friends/folks/amazing people.”
2. Communicate respectfully: We encourage lively conversations, but please always be kind and respectful in your communications, whether you are unmuted on a live call, chatting in a chat box or any other forms of communication. When on a live session, please don’t chat amongst yourselves in the chat box unless it’s about the session. We will not tolerate gossip, bullying, harassment, personal attacks or discrimination in this space including, but not limited to, homophobia, transphobia, queerphobia, islmophobia, ableism, racism, ageism, white supremacy, cultural appropriation, spiritual bypassing, gaslighting, rudeness or aggressive remarks. We will always protect our participants and facilitators to the best of our ability in our calls and spaces and ensure this is a safe and nurturing space for everyone.
3. Trust and confidentiality: Anything shared in this space is bounded by a code of confidentiality and privacy. By choosing to join the Youth Mentor Conference, you choose to respect the privacy of fellow participants and keep the conversations in this space signed and sealed, unless advised otherwise.
4. Personal leadership and responsibility. Information, opinions and advice shared in the conference should not be considered as personally tailored advice. Always seek professional advice on specific, individual issues and situations as required.
6. Connect while respecting the privacy of participants: Enjoy this opportunity to connect with each other – but always be mindful of the privacy of participants. We will provide opportunities for you to share your contact information with each other, but it will always be your choice. Please do not ask participants to share their contact details/social media handles, etc in the chat of a live class that is being recorded.
Photographs and/or video and/or audio recordings and/or interviews may be made during the classes and may feature the participants. These may be used for a range of purposes, but principally for providing recordings to fellow participants. They may also be used for marketing purposes. This may include, but is not limited to; recording snippets of a class, audio recordings and testimonials that may be used for videos, websites and other electronic media. By joining the Youth Mentor Conference, you are granting permission for you to be photographed/videoed/on behalf of Shine From Within and give permission for the intended uses as stated above. You also agree to release Shine From Within from any and all liability associated with the use by Shine From Within, or a third party, of the photographs/audio/video as set out by this agreement.
Please reach out to email@example.com if you have any queries or concerns.